April 20-22, 2018
The American School of Madrid will be hosting the 2nd Annual “ROBOMED” MAIS Robotics Tournament on April 20-22, 2018. Registration is open to teams from MAIS Member Schools for 5th to 10th grade students. The tournament takes place over the course of 2 days and involves multiple events and an awards ceremony. Additionally, visiting students will be able to participate in cultural exchange activities sponsored by the host school.
The tournament is divided into 6 separate competition events. Each team has the opportunity to compete against every other team at least once, and some events will also include an elimination round. Medals will be presented during the awards assembly.
- Sumo Bots
- Speed Drag Racing
- Power Trailer Pull
- Line Following Race
- Maze/Sensor Challenge
The ROBOMED tournament is a unique international competition promoting the:
- Construction of programmable robots using motors, sensors, wheels and axles, etc.
- Testing and design revision to improve robot performance and solve problems.
- Gaining of practical, hands-on experience using mathematical concepts.
- Application of critical thinking skills to code and debug computational language.
- Member School registration fee: $100 USD (per participating school)
- Individual participant registration fee: $60 USD (for students & chaperones)
(includes internal ground transportation; snacks and water during the events; MAIS Robotics 2017 t-shirt; sightseeing tours; other entertainment.)
- School Registration Form (coming soon)
Registration deadline: TBA
2017 ROBOMED Robotics Tournament